Thursday, June 24, 2010

PROMPT #18 - RELY

RELY ON MOTHER NATURE

This past winter,
we were blasted with a record-breaking snowfall.
Holed up inside, our only outings
were from the front door to the sidewalk,
as we shoveled our way through
the mounting piles of snow.
Longing then for the lazy days of summer
beneath winter’s frozen blanket.
This week, temperatures soared into the 90’s,
and continue rocketing upward.
Holed up inside, our only outings
are to bring in the trashcans and collect the mail.
Longing now for a breath of arctic air
to relieve the oppressive humidity.
We can always rely on Mother Nature
to make us grateful for what we had after it’s gone.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

I RELY ON YOUR STRENGTH

I rely on you,
as the main source of my strength
to lift my burdens.

Susan Schoeffield said...

TO RELY ON NATURE

I’ve come to rely
on the sweet song of nature.
My music of choice.