Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day #1 - ALONG

Hello, everybody! Today, we start our 26-day journey through the alphabet with our Poem-A-Day Challenge. We welcome all who choose to participate, as well as those who just drop by to read our words. We hope you have fun on this trip. Let the creative sparks fly as you infuse your muse!!

As a reminder, the prompt does not have to be part of your title, but it must be included in your poem. Also, if some prompts work better for you pluralized or in another tense, you can certainly alter them as the need arises. We’re pretty flexible here at A Muse Fuse! The idea is to write a poem per day, or at least as many as you can.

So, let’s get started on our poetic, alphabetical odyssey. The first prompt is “along.” Here’s my offering for Day #1:

ALONG THIS ROAD

We travel along down this road
that winds throughout unchartered land.
Our thoughts and emotions explode
when pencils and pens are in hand.
United in poetic voice,
we eagerly set the muse free.
The style and the meter our choice,
these poems define you and me.

2 comments:

Lynda deGreif said...

And along came you
With eyes of emerald green
A smile that radiates
A heart so pure it shines

And along came you
To capture my heart
To create a love
To complete my soul

And along came you
To cherish each day
To share all dreams
To push nightmares away

And along came you
The passion of my life
The calling of the wind
To take thee as my wife.

Mike Devita said...

Along the way to Middle Age
I left behind the joyous days
of romping in the sun,
of running through the fields,
of mountain climbing, swimming,
overnight camping trips
laughing in the rain
and funny fireside chats.

Along the way to Maturity,
I didn't realize what I had missed.
Not just the fun, but the security
the endless energy of the young
is now mostly hinted at or sung,
and now I'm really "pissed."