Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day #6 - FRAGILE

As we come to the prompt for Day #6, we are faced with a variety of choices for inspiration.  Many things are fragile:  glass and china, to name but a few.  But, perhaps, the most fragile thing of all is our heart.  Which is where I drew my inspiration for today.

THIS FRAGILE HEART

My heart was often broken,
Its pieces cracked and chipped.
In seeking out relationships,
my quest was always gypped
from finding what I looked for,
until you came my way.
And now this fragile heart of mine
grows stronger every day.

1 comment:

Linda deGreif said...

Fragile are the days to come
For the young child
Her life has just begun
Her destiny is planned

The hospital gowns
The bright toys
All of these things surround
To try to bring her joy

But lie as she does
There hooked to machines
Are forgotten hopes
And unfulfilled dreams

And where her parents
Could not be found
A child in pain
No name to be found

So she lies there so sweet
Just a little girl
And she stares out her window
To the end of her fragile day.