Thursday, May 20, 2010

PROMPT #14 - NEW

LEARNING SOMETHING NEW

At my age,
I would think it impossible to learn something new.
I’m stubborn enough to assume I know it all.
And yet, as our relationship progresses,
I see how little I really know.
Every day, you are my teacher.
You show me life in a way I never expected.
Whatever it is about you,
your smile, your laughter, your love,
my life is enriched by this learning experience.
My days are full of wonder and surprise,
and I look, with a mixture of awe and gratitude,
at the newness surrounding each step of our journey.

2 comments:

Susan Schoeffield said...

NEW LIFE

From a humble seed,
the buds blossom in the sun
as new life begins.

Susan Schoeffield said...

THE OLD AND THE NEW

The old was a life of sorrow and pain,
a sun overshadowed by darkness and rain.
A prison existence, while shackled by chain,
my life held no promise nor dreams to obtain.

The new overtook when the demons were slain
and the feelings of hopelessness started to wane.
As your love overwhelmed me, I wouldn’t complain
when your heart gained control and I gave it full rein.